The Business Meeting at the annual convention was held Friday, September 9 at Sunriver, Oregon at the Pacific NW Convention. Some of the issues discussed included:
1. 2015 Business minutes were reviewed and approved.
2. Financial summary was distributed. The Association is in a healthy state and financials were reviewed and approved.
3. Cindy presented her President’s Report (Download PDF). Cindy’s report included summaries for many of the committee reports including Liaison, Education, Membership, PAC and Legislative.
4. Martin added for the Legislative report that elections are on the legislators minds. The Association of Counties has expressed support to introduce legislation to require electronic recording as a spur to get the 6 hold out Counties up to speed. The flat recording fee issue continues to make positive progress with support from the Association of Counties. Ric gave a solid presentation to the Recorder’s and it seems the remaining issue regards the page limit. The notary law overhaul continues and we are included in the working group. The condo fee issue is being addressed and we are coordinating with the realtors. Rule 56 amendments are moving forward. Post Business meeting the realtors objected to the elimination of sponsorship donations. The Director would not move forward with any of the changes based on this objection so it was decided to leave that provision as is and the DOI published the amendments.
5. Matt for the Judiciary Report briefly discussed the Tiller White and Liberty Bankers cases that were reported in the August Newsletter. Recaps of those cases are attached.
6. For the Education Report it is important to note the ed seminar is scheduled for February 13-14 at The Grove and will include a Legislative Reception Monday after the afternoon session.
7. For the Convention Report John advised that Washington will host the 2017 Pacific NW Convention in Suncadia August 16-18, 2017. Idaho will host in 2018 and is looking at Sun Valley – tentative dates Aug 23-26, 2018.
8. The Nominating Committee nominated JT Jacobsen, President; Daryl Olsen, President-Elect and VP Southeast; Cameron McFaddan, VP Southwest; Heather Wichman, VP Panhandle; John Holt, Sec/Treasurer; and, Cindy Guanell, Past President. The slate of officers were unanimously approved.
9. The Meeting was adjourned and the next Liaison Meeting was scheduled for Wednesday October 19 at 10:00 at Alliance Title Parkcenter – agenda attached.